Make sure all excess water is squeezed out of the cooked spinach before mixing it with the other ingredients. Or, try using rapini in place of the spinach.
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ c sour cream
- 5 oz fresh spinach leaves
- ½ tsp minced fresh garlic
- ¼ tsp salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 1/4c grated parmesan cheese
- 1 c shredded mozzarella cheese, divided in half
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- Bread, crackers and vegetables for serving
- Cooking spray
- Steam or saute the spinach until wilted. Let cool, then wring out all excess water with a paper towel. Coarsely chop the spinach
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a small baking dish or skillet with cooking spray
- Place the cream cheese, sour cream, cooked spinach, garlic, salt, pepper, parmesan cheese and ½ c of the mozzarella cheese in a bowl. Stir until well combined.
- Spread the spinach mixture into the prepared dish. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the dip is bubbly and cheese is melted. Turn the oven to broil and cook for 2-3 more minutes or until cheese starts to brown
- Sprinkle with chopped chives then serve with bread, crackers and veggies.
- Artichokes: Add ¼ cup chopped marinated artichoke hearts.
- Bacon: Add ¼ cup cooked and crumbled bacon.
- Sun Dried Tomatoes: Add 2 tbsp chopped oil-packed sun dried tomatoes.
- Mushrooms: Add ¼ cup chopped cooked mushrooms