PREP TIME: 20 MINUTES COOK TIME: 10 MINUTES SERVES: 2
(From Dishing up the Dirt)
- 2 heads baby bok choy, large leaves trimmed and sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 bunch turnips, sliced into 1/4 inch thick rounds (reserve greens for another use)
- 1 cup cooked edamame
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 3-4 radishes, thinly sliced
- handful of micro greens OR cilantro
- 3 Tablespoons sesame seeds
Soy Sesame Sauce
- 3 1/2 Tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Heat the grill to medium. Rinse the chopped bok choy under cold water to remove any dirt. Set aside.
- Whisk together all the ingredients for the sauce. Taste test and adjust seasonings if need be.
- Lightly brush the bok choy and turnips with a little bit of the sauce. Place the bok choy cut side down on the grill; cover and cook until tender. About 5-8 minutes. Place the turnips directly on the grill and cook, covered for 2 minutes per side.
- Serve the grilled veggies with the cooked rice, edamame, radishes, micro greens and a few tablespoons of sesame seeds. Drizzle with remaining sauce and enjoy.