- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp herbs de provence
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 large carrots, diced
- 2 celery stocks, diced (or you could use your celeriac from last week!)
- ½ head cabbage, sliced into strips and cut into squares
- 2 large potatoes, diced
- 5-6 cups vegetable stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- shredded cheddar cheese to top (if desired)
- Heat olive oil in a large pot and add garlic and onion for approx 5 minutes.
- Add carrots, celery, cabbage, potatoes, and herbs. Let sit for 5 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- Add vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- Add salt and pepper as desired.
- Enjoy as is, or blend the soup to make it smooth and creamy! Top with shredded cheese and enjoy!