- 1 lb Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 bunch rapini, cleaned and roughly chopped into 1″ pieces
- 2-3 medium leeks in ¼” slices (white & light green parts only – save dark green parts in a plastic bag in the freezer with other vegetable scraps for making vegetable stock with)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cupwhite wine
- 1 lb short pasta (Fusilli or Campanelli)
- Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Put a large pot of water on to boil for the pasta
- Brown the sausage in a large frypan or 4-6 quart saute pan for about 5 minutes. Removed browned sausage to metal colander to drain.
- Add a little olive oil to the pan and saute the leeks until softened (about 5 minutes). Add the wine and reduce to half, scraping up brown bits with a wooden spatula. Add the stock and bring to a simmer. Return the sausage to the pan, cover and let simmer for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta until al dente. A few minutes before the pasta is done, add the rapini to the sausage mixture and saute for 2 minutes until bright green.
- Drain the pasta
- Combine all ingredients and serve, with a generous sprinkling of grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese.